Cell: +254 727 975 253
Young professional IT Support Engineer with progressive knowledge and experience in the fields of IT Support,
Customer Service, Network Support Operations, End User Support, IT Service Management and with passion for technology.
- To apply my knowledge into practical skills so as to grow and learn more in
any sector and also discover much more in other areas so as to achieve my
set goal and that of the organization.
- To work in a dynamic and competitive environment that will enhance growth
and knowledge of the ever-changing economy to achieve goals and objectives
Areas of Expertise
- Basic Programming:
- Computer Networking:
- IP Addressing.
- Routing and Switching.
- Backend database administration and management.
- Network administration and troubleshooting.
- Windows operating system and it's programs.
- GNU/Linux operating system.
- Computer hardware maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Softwares installation, maintenamce and troubleshooting.
Skills and Work Experience
- Ability to work in a team.
- Strong work ethics.
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Fast learning.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Creative and innovative.
- Work Experience:
- IT Support Engineer at Quatrix Global Ltd, Nairobi (Aug 2019 - Oct 2019):
- User support on IT issues.
- Configuration and maintenance of local area network.
- Computer hardware, software and network troubleshooting.
- User account management.
- Printers and scanners management (installation, configuration and management).
- Fleet management (installation of the car trackers to the server,configuration of car tracker on the server
and online and offline status management of the tracker).
- Preparing daily fleet report (online and offline tracker status).
- Email configuration and storage management of company employees.
- Database management (repair of tables, removal of duplicate records and
performing daily backups).
- Installation and configuration of IP phones.
- Maintenance of physical computer hardware.
- Enumerator at Kenya National Bureau of Statistics, Meru (Jul 2019 - Jul 2019):
- Identifying boundaries for the Enumeration Areas (EAS), locating all
structures and visiting every household to list all the usual members in the
EA assigned to them before the enumeration exercise.
- Ensuring that all the necessary equipment/materials to be used for
enumeration are available before the exercise commences.
- Administering all questions and recording responses on all persons who will
have spent the night of 24 th /25 th August 2019 in each of the households in
the assigned Enumeration Area.
- Obtaining complete and accurate answers and capturing them correctly during
the enumeration exercise.
- Forwarding all equipment and questionnaires (used and unused), maps,
notebooks and any other materials as directed to the Content Supervisor
after the enumeration exercise.
- Undertaking any other duties as may be assigned by the county statistics
- Registration Assistant at Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government, Meru (Apr 2019 - May 2019):
- Filling of the data capture form.
- Transfer of the same information to the bio-metric kit.
- Capturing of bio-metric data (fingerprints and facial features-picture).
- Checking the completeness of the forms to ensure that all questions were
asked and responses were legibly captured.
- Ensuring security of registration materials.
- Preparing daily debriefing notes for the supervisor on registration.
- IT Support Engineer Intern at Meru Water and Sewerage Services, Meru (Oct 2018 - Jan 2019):
- Hardware and software installations, configurations and support.
- Computer/printer servicing and maintenance.
- Performing system upgrades.
- Installing, configuring and supporting network printers.
- Network/Internet configuration and troubleshooting.
- Performing user support tasks.
- Installing and configuring smartphone software.
- LAN cabling using the CAT6 cable and making the patch cables.
- Other duties assigned from time to time.
- Polling Clerk at Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission, Meru (Aug 2017 - Oct 2017):
- Identifying voters uniquely (using voter's fingerprints) from Bio-metric Voter Registration System (BVR).
- Issuing voting materials to voters.
- Open and close the voting center at the designated time.
- Facilitate smooth and efficient voting process.
- Ensure security of the voting materials.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Registration Officer.
Education and Qualifications
|Jomo Kenyatta University (2014 - 2018)
||BSc. Mathematics and Computer Science
|ST. PIUS X SEMINARY (2010 - 2013)
||Attained an A- of 78 out of 84 points
© 2021 Vincent Munene. All rights reserved.